The Wick Society continues to make significant progress in engaging
young people with the town’s heritage as the following examples will
- Class visits from Wick and County schools to the Heritage Museum for guided educational tours.
- Provided a base and supporting information and material to pupils
of Wick High School who were completing a Storytelling Project.
- Film shows to primary school classes about the Herring fishing
- Society volunteers demonstrated and taught knot- tying skills for a special project by Hillhead Primary School children
- Class visits to the Isabella Fortuna at Lybster and Helmsdale.